Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Green Men?

I learned something very interesting today. Apparently, there are green men living in the United States that originally came from Mars and are behind the advanced technology of our country. They are difficult to see but they work diligently underground with U.S. and Israeli officials to develop these technologies.

Did something happen in the last five weeks that I should know about?

Anyways, the person telling me this "truth" was not some random stranger but the leading financier of my organization, a local politician, and the deputy headmaster (deputy principal) of a local secondary school. He was also the man who invited me to the Introduction Ceremony last weekend. He cited reading several article from a reliable magazine (the name slipped his mind) and he confidently assured me that one of his friends had checked the internet and confirmed that the story was true. The people sitting around the lunch table also seemed familiar with this fact.

He gave me the strangest of looks when I told him I'd never heard of the story. I think he now believes that I'm not very knowledgeable about my own country. Imagine! There are green people living in your country and you don't know! Poor soul, that Mzungu...

When I tried to gently convince him that not everything on the internet is true (check the source) and that there are no green men (i think) in the U.S. , he waved away my answers convinced of the truth within his mind. It was one of those situations where in the moment I ask myself,"is this really happening?"

I have a favor to ask. If anyone can find an article or website online that supports this claim could you please pass it along? I would appreciate it much.

Pool update: I won 4 games yesterday and lost 2. Caesar and I will trade off when we are winning. For example, yesterday he won 1, then I won 3, then he won 2, then I dropped the ball and lost. I really like the pool hall.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

never heard of green men. but of course you know the blue man group and you've heard that kentucky is known for blue people? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_people