Monday, June 9, 2008

Columbus (for now...)

Columbus has been my home for much of my 22 years and it has been especially kind over the last three weeks. My favorite pizza place (Hound Dogs!) made an especially delicious Smokin' Joes pizza, I visited the neighborhood landmark (Smith's Deli) for some for some rather tasty Stromboli, and I walked the walk to a nearby UDF (United Dairy Farmers...It's like a 7-eleven but better. don't judge) for some really good Blue Moo Cookie Dough Ice Cream. All this in only three weeks. Columbus rarely dissapoints.

Anyways, tomorrow I leave the country for the first time in six years. London awaits early Wednesday morning and Uganda is just lurking in the distance (Saturday morning).

I am pretty excited, though its nothing quite like my excitement about my four-week attempt at growing a beard. Here are the results:

Sad? Perhaps. I realize that I look goofy but the beard will be staying for much of the summer. It's easier not to shave when you don't have running water.

I'll try to post something when I'm in London, but I can't promise much.

Peace,

JBK

ps. Here is the website for the organization I'm interning with: http://skillsplusuganda.tripod.com/background.html

No comments: