Wednesday, June 11, 2008

London!

After a delightful couple of flights (Columbus to O'Hare, O'Hare to Heathrow), I arrived in London at the pleasant hour of 5:30 AM local time. London is awesome, but I forgot that jet lag is not. I think I can say with confidence that I am going to sleep very well tonight.

I met an older lady on my flight from Columbus to O'Hare who is Swedish and is visiting her parents in Sweden (with her two kids) for five weeks. She was quite friendly, talking about the "midnight sun" and other craziness that happens in Sweden.

Today I went to mass for the first time in six months. Westminster Abbey usually charges a nine pounds for visitors to enter, but the daily 8 AM service is free of charge. The inside is pretty sweet, full of very ornate decorations and sculptures. Anglican seems pretty similar to Catholic.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with two of the other FSD (Foundation for Sustainable Development...if you are interested?) interns. I have no idea what will happen then, but it should be good.

I'm too tired to read and I can't check into my hostel until later, so I've basically been wandering all day. Which is good. Because I really like wandering.

Peace,
Jon

ps. my dad finds the strangest websites: http://www.ucf.co.ug/

No comments: